[Gambas-user] Newbie - gambas startup error-please, please, please help....!

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Sun Mar 7 22:29:45 CET 2004

On Sunday 07 March 2004 15:56, S Krupa Shankar wrote:
> I tried the RPM build in Kudla.org.  (though I have only
> Mandrake 9.0).<BR> <BR>
> Ah...one more thing of interest is...<BR>
> <BR>
> I actually installed Gambas 6.0 or 6.2, I don't remember which
> version, previously.  It did work fine.<BR> <BR>

Unfortunately, Mandrake 9.0 uses Qt 3.0.  You need Qt 3.1 to
build recent versions of Gambas... the most recent version you
can build is probably newer than what's on my site (I stopped
building them when I got rid of my last Mandrake 9.0 box) but
you will almost certainly not be able to get Gambas 0.8x or 0.90
working on Mandrake 9.0.

I would normally be a little upset about this, but Mandrake 9.0
is three versions out of date now. ;)

Rob