[Gambas-user] M-x visual-basic-mode

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Sun Mar 7 00:57:36 CET 2004

I discovered that there's a Visual BASIC mode for Emacs, and it
works well on Gambas class files too (even uses Mixed Case for
the commands, as it should be, instead of ALL CAPS :) )  Grab it
here:

http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/windows/emacs/docs/ntemacs/contrib/visual-basic-mode.el

Of course, since it's emacs you then have to jump through hoops
to get it to work automatically.  On Mandrake you copy the above
file here:

/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp

And add the following lines to /etc/emacs/site-start.el:

;; load visual basic mode for editing gambas files

(load-library "visual-basic-mode")
    (setq auto-mode-alist (cons
'("\\.\\(frm\\|class\\|form\\|module\\|bas\\|cls\\|vbs\\)$" .
visual-basic-mode) auto-mode-alist))

I find this very helpful for editing classes in non-GUI projects
like the CGI stuff I've been playing with.

Rob