[Gambas-user] "[12] Not an object" error.

ron ronstk at ...239...
Sat Mar 6 04:00:16 CET 2004

On Friday 05 March 2004 14:41, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> On Friday 05 March 2004 00:06, jholm at ...381... wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have some problems I hope you can help me with regarding installing
> > Gambas. I can compile Gambas OK, and install it (make), but upon
> > launching it I receive the following errors:
> >
> > Warning: cannot find /usr/lib/info/gb.info
> > Warning: cannot find /usr/lib/info/gb.qt.info
> >
> > When i create a project and add form, I get the following error:
> >
> > [12] Not an object.
> > At: FProperty.RefreshAll.109
> >
> > and the program exits.
> >
> > The console has a lot of output like:
> > SetProperty: Form.Width: CControl.SetProperty.456: Not an object
> > SetProperty: Form.Height: CControl.SetProperty.456: Not an object
> > SetProperty: Form.X: CControl.SetProperty.456: Not an object
> > SetProperty: Form.Y: CControl.SetProperty.456: Not an object
> >
> > I have tried to compile it with gcc 3.2.3 and 3.3.2 both yielding the
> > same result. I use the Gentoo distribution.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Jesper Holm
>
> Read carefully the output of make & make install. Something went wrong, for
> sure. Tell me if you find what happened.
>
> Regards,

I found also a problem with the .info files.
After I created the RowAt and ColumnAt and did a make & make install and these
files where not updated.
You advise me to use the gbi program to update the object help browser.
The problem as far I found is that gbi can't create outsite the normal make &
make install of the whole package the info fles (gb.info).
After empty the /opt/gambas/lib/info directory shows me a few new other .info
files but gb.info has length 0 after a trial to make those info files.
This is the last one made at the abort/vrash of gbi.
Do the normal full m & mi these files are created as normal.

Ron