[Gambas-user] printing question: empty lines

Hans-Martin Bundeshund bundeshund at ...467...
Sat Jun 26 17:41:10 CEST 2004

Hi group!

I am playing with the draw things. Again, very easy to use! But one thing is
still left for me:

I have a textarea filled with something like 'EZTextArea.Text =
"entry1\nentry2\nentry3\n\n\nprinted with gambas\n"'. This is shown in the
textarea correctly with 2 empty lines between 'entry3' and 'printed with
gambas'. But when I send this to the printer with:

  draw.begin(Printer)
  draw.Text(EZTextArea.Text,100,100)
  draw.End

the 2 empty lines are not accounted. This means instead of

entry1
entry2
entry3

printed with gambas

it comes out with:

entry1
entry2
entry3
printed with gambas

So must I scan and modify the textarea.text before printing? And when, what do
I have to search for and replace with what?

regards,
HM