[Gambas-user] EXEC with root rights

Michael Bergmann mbergmann-sh at ...17...
Wed Jun 23 21:41:53 CEST 2004

On Mittwoch, 23. Juni 2004 21:11 Brant Wells wrote:
> Hey Michael...
>
> You could try something like this:
> EXEC ["kdesu","-t","-c","sh /tmp/lvtemp.sh"] WAIT AS dProcess
>
> Of Course, it pops up asking for the root password....  It uses kdesu to
> run the script as root.
Hi Brand and thanks for your help! I remember I've read about the prob and a
solution you found a few days ago here in the list. Unfortunately, I can't
use kdesu, it should be possible - IF possible ;-) - to solve this without
user intervention. If this is not solveable, my app soorowly has to run with
root rights itsself...

regards,

Michael