[Gambas-user] How to decrypt a text? Any suggestions?

Hans-Martin Bundeshund bundeshund at ...467...
Thu Jun 17 20:50:57 CEST 2004

Hi!

Sorry for the delay, but I am very busy at this moment. (big network problems
at work, have to work at night too, when the users aren't using the system)

Am Mittwoch, 16. Juni 2004 16:29 schrieb Rob:
> I think that rolling your own encryption is worse than no
> encryption at all, because it might give someone a false sense
> of security.  Since he's using mysql I would suggest he look at
> the CRYPT() and PASSWORD() function calls and use them in his
> SQL statements.

Thanks Rob, didn't know that. I work with DB2 on an iSeries/AS400 in my job,
so I don't have much expierence with mysql, but I'll better look into the
manuel next time.