[Gambas-user] Shell / Exec Question

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Thu Jun 17 01:53:17 CEST 2004

As I type this my net connection is down again, so you may have
already figured this out by the time you see it, but....

On Wednesday 16 June 2004 17:32, Brant Wells wrote:
>  It appears to me that none of the X applications that I have
> tried will trigger the Process_read events...  ie: Konsole,
> kcalc, xterm...  However, several console applications do...
> ie: ls and ps...even cat works...

Well, try this simple test.  In a konsole (let's call it "konsole
1") type "konsole -e su root".  Or "konsole -e ls" or whatever
you like.  It'll start another konsole, that being "konsole 2"
for our purposes.  Do whatever you were going to do in konsole
2, exit it if it doesn't exit by itself, and then go back to
konsole 1.

The output that you see *there*, if any, in konsole 1, is the
output that would trigger the Process_Read and/or Process_Error
events in gambas.

Do you understand now why Process_Read wasn't firing? ;)

Rob