[Gambas-user] EXEC or SHELL to stop a started app- please help

Michael Bergmann mbergmann-sh at ...17...
Tue Jun 15 21:30:43 CEST 2004

Hi there!

I am totally new to gambas (...did some VB 6 under Windoze, nothing really
special) and to this group, too.

I started using gambas, because I wanted to put together a small GUI to run
some apps in order to use my PCTV Sat under Linux (SuSE 9.1). The prob is - I
have to CTRL-C an app, namely szap, before I can zap to the next channel of
my TV-Application. Now, if I start it like :
EXEC ["/usr/bin/szap", "-r", "MTV"], it works fine. szap selects my desired
channel. But: How can I stop the running szap, prefarably by sending a
CTRL-C?! I have to stop it in order to select anpther channel, so my whole
GUI is strictly for the feed if I can't.

Could somebody out there please give me a glue?

Thanks a lot,

Michael