[Gambas-user] Executing a constructed instruction

na2492 at ...9... na2492 at ...9...
Mon Jun 14 22:58:04 CEST 2004

>Le lundi 14 Juin 2004 22:34, Charlie a écrit :
>> Nigel Gerrard schrieb:
>> >Thanks Charlie for your reply.
>> >
>> >Unfortunately gb.eval only works in evaluating an expression.
>> >
>> >Here I was thinking about something that will execute the line (command)

>> > in gambas,
>> >thus enabling me to create the relevant code on the run.
>> >
>> >Nigel
>>
>> Salut Nigel,
>>
>> that is what I thought, so I rememebered the old Clipper.
>>
>> I think he took while compiled not only his lib, but also all functions
>> and subs from the project.
>>
>> So you coulde do (don't be to strong with me for the Syntax, I haven't
>> wrote code in Clipper the last 6 years ) :
>>
>> coText := "makeIt(5,6)"
>>
>> iRet := &coText     // & is the Macro signe that is executing the Text
>> in coText
>>                                 // iRet would become 30
>>
>> Function makeIt(n1,n2)
>> return n1 * n2
>>
>> I would like this also, because that would make gambas very flexible.
>>
>> Amicalement
>> Charlie
>>

>it can be usefull for lot of thing like report... macrofiles...
>it look at the forth system...
>
>Amicalement
>Fabien

Salut Fabien,

yes, that was a good strong system, you could store your Source-Code in a (in

that case xBase) Database.
And it was as good and cloud be so dangerous, as VBS is to day.

But it had to die, it was not Windows compatible, it was linear driven and not
by
events. ( What I think still to day is not so bad for Data requirement Programms)

Now a days I see the first steps back to that   'DOS' Systems .
With Field-Valedation.
Because why should a clerk, who has to typ in datas into a programm, use a
mouse ?
He has to fill Field by Field, and if there is no value to be required, he can
step
over by CR, to the next.
And in the end he can say 'save' or 'quit'

Like I said before, I saw signes that this will comme back.
Like Terminals came back.

Amicalement
Charlie
* Gesendet mit / Sent by: FEN-Webmail * http://www.fen-net.de *