[Gambas-user] makefile.am problematic?

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Mon Jun 14 16:07:43 CEST 2004

On Sunday 13 June 2004 08:44, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> The lib.gb.* files are a false component that is just created
> for filling the gb.info file that describes all the classes
> directly included in the interpreter.
> So they are created just during the installation, and are
> deleted at the end.
> I don't know how you created your package, but Rob Kudla, that
> made the Mandrake rpm packages, didn't have this problem...

Er, I've been packaging those files all along. ;)  I don't run
make install because back when I started packaging gambas, it
was misbehaved (it would die when it didn't have write access to
/usr/lib etc.)  There's no way to run gbi in the context of a
sandboxed RPM build process (that I know of) so I generate the
info files in the gambas-gui build process, necessitating the
installation of the lib.gb.* files.

If the lib.gb.* files aren't where the components actually live,
then where are the components?  Statically linked into gbx?

Incidentally, I tried again to package gambas 0.93b today and
once again ran into the /usr/lib/gambas/lib/gambas problem.  I
may have to scrap my packages and start over from scratch, I
fear.... or try to figure out what you changed and undo it, but
I don't have the same amount of free time this year as when I
built the original packages....

Rob