[Gambas-user] root 'make' projects like gambas

Charlie Reinl Karl.Reinl at ...9...
Sun Jun 13 16:20:32 CEST 2004

Salut,

just not leting the user in an 'undefinde' situation.

To day a wanted to fix the  Find-List in Find&Replace BUG as nomal user.
Every thing went fine, I found the Align and replaced it with Alignment.
After a short testing  I made /Project/Make executable .
Then when I looked into /opt/gambas/gambas-0.93b/app/gambas to copy the gambas
to the bin-directory, I found a too old gambas and not a just compiled one.

The reason gambas was compiled when I made su -c 'make install', so said by
root, and I'm only a nomal user.

So what I complain is not that my Linux workes well (a  commen user hasn't
rights to overwrite root files), I complain that gambas let me in a state of
inocents. Is don't say nothing that making an executable failed because of
having not the right rights.

Amicalement
Charlie