[Gambas-user] Feedback

Brant Wells bwells at ...475...
Fri Jun 11 20:27:25 CEST 2004

Hi Daniel:

FTP uses two ports... 20 (for the actual file transfer) and 21 for when
you receive the directory listings, etc, etc.

When you issue the GET command on an FTP server, assuming the filename
is correct, then the GET command returns a code of 150...

C: get myfile.txt
S: 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for myfile.txt (2142 bytes)

Note that it tells you how big the file is...

You can then monitor the Socket that uses port 20, and count the number
of bytes that come through...

You Follow?

See Ya!
~Brant