[Gambas-user] Keyboard function skipped?

Eilert eilert-sprachen at ...221...
Wed Jun 9 17:37:20 CEST 2004

Hi Benoit,

>   Len(Conv$(TextArea1.Text, Desktop.Charset, System.Charset))

Thanks for that tip, runs perfectly :-)

> It should work, except on Fedora, where you should replace System.Charset by
> something like "ISO-8859-1". The idea is converting the UTF-8 string into a

On my Suse 9.1 too! System.Charset doesn't work here.

One should add that it's absolutely necessary to re-convert the strings
before giving them back to the TextArea if you converted them for doing
something with them in a simple string variable.

So, if you do

t$ = conv$(TextArea1.Text, Desktop.Charset, System.Charset)

you will have to

TextArea1.Text = conv$(t$, System.Charset, Desktop.Charset)

Rolf