[Gambas-user] Re: Using serial component for plc comunications

Marcelo Duschkin mardus at ...298...
Wed Jun 2 16:47:32 CEST 2004

El Mié 02 Jun 2004 10:36, Daniel escribió:
|>  You have to convert the string using 'Conv$' function, which allows
|> you to convert from UTF-8 to a lot of codifications, but you need to
|> be sure what codification uses your device.

In this particular case, there is no problem because the dataloggers are of my
own design (I have the sources :))

|>  However, if you add characters "by hand", I mean "Cadena=Cadena &
|> chr(6) & chr(8)"... , each character added is just a byte, you've not
|> to worry about UTF-8 or any other codification.

What about the incoming chars? Are they converted to UTF8 ?

|> Pues sí, pero así practicamos english :-))

Y divertimos a los que saben :))

-- Para el cierre: ---
El Pingüinoráculo solía citar:
Pluto usa el teclado, Mickey el mouse.
- - -
Marcelo Duschkin - Buenos Aires - Argentina
mardus at ...298...
www.websdelsur.com.ar
www.lahueya.com.ar