[Gambas-user] CryptoExample & gCrypto

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Jul 28 20:29:17 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 28 July 2004 16:14, Brant Wells wrote:
> Hey Daniel:
>
> I agree completely.  I think, though, that it will require some extra
> coding on our part...  Linux uses a variety of Character Sets...  where
> Windows uses ASCII or Unicode...  Right?

Not exactly, but this is not the problem :-)

> I've tried to do some coding witht he CONV$ function, but to no
> avail...  It converts my string to unicode...  but when I try to go back
> to System.Charset, I get a Bad String Conversion or something...
> In looking at the code that I'm using for the VB, I notice that the VB
> converts the string to unicode and back...
>
> On my system [Mandrake 10] the System.Charset="ISO-8859-1" ...  I can
> CONV$ from ISO8859-1 but I can't CONV$ back to it again.

The two conversions work on my machine, and I have a Mandrake 10 with
System.Charset = "ISO-8859-15" (It is ISO-8859-1 with the Euro sign).

I tried with my first name :-) in the IDE console window.

?Conv$("benoît", System.Charset, Desktop.Charset)
benoît
?Conv$("benoît", Desktop.Charset, System.Charset)
benoît

Note that the console window does not use Desktop.Charset but System.Charset
to display strings.

--
Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...