[Gambas-user] mysql dev packages

drovar drovar at ...3...
Wed Jul 21 18:16:37 CEST 2004

Anton Hummel wrote:

>Am Mittwoch, 21. Juli 2004 05:09 schrieb drovar:
>

>>I know for the mysql component to work I need to install its development
>>files; but can anyone tell me which packages I need? I have the client &
>>server installed and also installed the only 2 mysql dev packages I
>>could find, neither one was what Gambas was looking for. Or maybe I'm
>>missing something else, any help appreciated.
>>
>>installed:
>>libmysqlclient-dev
>>libmysqlclient10-dev
>>

>On my debian system i used the version 4.0.20-3 of mysql.
>my System uses:
>   libmysqlclient-dev 4.0.20-3
>   libmysqlclient12   4.0.20-3
>so eventually you must use
>   libmysqlclient10        3.23.56-2
>   libmysqlclient10-dev  3.23.56-2
>
>just have a look at the output of configure - it shows you
>if it found the mysql files and where they are
>
>bye Anton

Thanks Anton

I have version 4.0.13-3 of mysql installed and have installed

libmysqlclient-dev 4.0.13-3
libmysqlclient10 3.23.56-2
libmysqlclient12 4.0.13-3

I do have mysql.h in /usr/include/mysql/, the configure just isn't seeing it. I tried the command line "./configure --with-mysql-includes=/usr/include/mysql/" but that didn't work either. Finally I edited "configure.in" and just added the my path:
"[GB_FIND(mysql.h my_config.h, /usr/include/mysql /usr/lib /usr/local /opt /usr, include mysql*/include)],"

That seems to work, ./configure now finds mysql

checking for MySQL driver headers... /usr/include/mysql/
checking for MySQL driver libraries... /usr/lib/

I guess I could have also made a symbolic link from /usr/lib/mysql.h to /usr/include/mysql/mysql.h but since the edit got it working I didn't try.

Thanks

Carl