[Gambas-user] Problem with gambas 0.95 packages

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Jul 20 19:37:49 CEST 2004

I made a big mistake when I made my Mandrake packages: I forgot that I have
installed QT 3.3 in my system.

Yet Mandrake 10 provides only QT 3.2

So, when you install the packages, and try to launch gambas, you get this
error:

ERROR: #27: Cannot load component '/usr/lib/gambas/lib.gb.qt.so':
/usr/lib/gambas/lib.gb.qt.so: undefined symbol: _ZN9QComboBox4hideEv

There are four solutions to this problem:

1) Install qt 3.3 by taking it from cooker (or 10.1 beta). It seems to work
and to keep KDE working.

2) Compile from sources.

3) Ask someone with a normal Mandrake 10 to recreate the packages.

4) Wait for me. I think I will certainly find a way to have a QT 3.2 and a QT
3.3 simultaneously on my system, and to choose the right one when making the
packages!

Sorry for the inconvenience...

--
Benoit Minisini