[Gambas-user] Syntax error

Brant Wells bwells at ...475...
Mon Jul 19 16:18:53 CEST 2004

Leo Barnhoorn wrote:

>Hello Benoit,
>
>Thanks Benoit, it works perfect.
>
>Thanks again.
>
>Regards,
>Leo.
>

>On Friday 16 July 2004 21:54, Benoit Minisini wrote:
>

>>On Thursday 15 July 2004 06:53, Leo Barnhoorn wrote:
>>

>>>Hallo Benoit,
>>>
>>>Gambas versie 0.94a
>>>I get a syntax error on the following hex numbers.
>>>
>>>&HE0D5E91E
>>>&H97D2D988
>>>&H80000000
>>>&HFFFFFFFF
>>>
>>>No matter the kind of datatype i use, i get a syntax error.
>>>
>>>Can you tell the reason of this.
>>>
>>>Regards,
>>>Leo Barnhoorn.
>>>

>>It is just a stupid bug of mine ! Strange that nobody sees it yet...
>>
>>To patch it, replace the line 130 in gbc_trans.c:
>>
>>    val = strtol(number, &end, base);
>>
>>by:
>>
>>    val = (long)strtoul(number, &end, base);
>>
>>It should work :-)

Hey Leo & Benoit:

I made the change to the gbc_trans.c file...  and have done the
following as my a standard user from the gambas source folder...

make clean && make && su -c 'make install'

I have also renamed the gambas folder so I don't overwrite my currently
working copy...  In the fresh installation, I open up the code file that
I'm using, and it still does the same thing...

I'm on Mandrake 10 and working with Gambas 0.94a.

The compilation everything else works just fine as well...  What am I
missing??

Thanks!
~Brant