[Gambas-user] inputbox

Eddy Van de Pol eddy-vandepol at ...533...
Fri Jul 16 20:59:11 CEST 2004

Sorry if it's a dumb question, but my kwowledge of programming is very
low, but a few years ago I learned a litle bit of visual basic at the
evening school and found it fun to make some litle programs one my own.
Forget it a bit because I'm only using gentoolinux now; So I was happy to
found out that with gambas I can experiment a bit further now.
but I'm struggling a bit (gambas is not a clone of visual basic and as I
said my knomwledge is limited)
Major problem for me now is to get inputbox working, I searched a bit and
found something about "use: Util" but I can't get it to work, So I tried
to create a new form and use this as inputbox, but now I have trouble to
get data from one form to te other, I found some examples but they didn't
work. I did something with Clipboard.Copy and Clipboard.Paste but that
seems a bad solution.
can anyone give me a hint how to get function inputbox towork properly
under gambas?
thanks a lot from a real beginner