[Gambas-user] SDL component on Xandros

drovar drovar at ...3...
Tue Jul 13 19:53:05 CEST 2004

After a bit of investigating I got the Gambas and the SDL component to
compile on Xandros Linux. The problem is that Gambas needs
"libsdl-mixer1.2-dev" which depends on "libsmpeg-dev" which is only
available from a newer version of Debian testing than Xandros is based on.

The solution was to temporarily add testing to sources with "deb
http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ testing main contrib non-free," and
install only "libsmpeg-dev," and then remove testing and install
"libsdl-mixer1.2-dev" from Xandros Network.  I also needed to install
"libqt3-compat-headers" for make to complete.

So far Gambas comes up and seems to work fine including "Snake" with
sound, which I couldn't get to work at all before.