[Gambas-user] OT: Textadventure-Game

VBTricks.de.vu Webmaster vbtricks at ...451...
Wed Jul 7 17:02:36 CEST 2004

Hello everybody,

as I'm going to convert my little textadventure-project to Gambas (I've
started using FreePascal and also wrote a version in VB; I'm even
thinking of writing an HTML-export) I need some help (not for the
programming [at least not yet]).

I want to implement multilanguage-support but I only speak German and
English, my French is very bad.

So I thought of just asking this multilanguage-mailinglist if there is
anybody willing to help me, it's not much work!

To be translated (German and English version already finished)
1=File
2=Open...
3=Information...
4=Exit
5=Savegame
6=Load...
7=Save...
8=Extras / Options
9=Music
10=Font...
11=Language
12=?
13=Help
14=About...
15=Description of the place
16=What do you want to do?
17=Please click on File->Open to open an adventure-file
18=Action / Go / Do
19=Please choose an option
20=Error
21=You've lost!
22=Congratulations...
23=You've won!
24=There's already an instance of Textadventure
26=This is no savegame for the current adventure!
27=Opens an adventure-file
28=Shows information about the adventure
29=Quits the program
30=Loads a savegame
31=Save the current status
32=Turns music on/off
33=Choose your favorite font!
34=Shows the help
35=Shows the about-dialog
36=Choose your language
37=No system-information available!

Well "textadventure" does not completely fit to my program.
It's more a kind of multiple-choice adventure.

How you play:
You always get a short description of the place you are at or of the
plot which is currently taking place. Then there are several different
options ("go west", "climb tree" you can choose between). Depending on
what option you choose, the plot continues.

The textadventures are written in a format similar to XML and my program
interprets these files.

I thought I've read about books which do exactly the same on paper
(depending on which option you choose you have to turn to page X and
continue reading). Do you know the name for such books?

As soon as I've finished the Gambas version I'm going to upload the
sources of the three different versions to my website.

Thanks in advance,

Stefan