[Gambas-user] Gambas & SDI

Daniel Oxley oxleyd at ...364...
Tue Jul 6 13:34:44 CEST 2004

Thanks, I suspected as much.  It all comes down to personal choice really.
I have always hated the MDI style apps.  To me it looks horrible and untidy,
like The Gimp.  All those extra buttons on the taskbar etc.

As you said, the dockable windows feature is very cool and that is what I
would love for Gambas.  Just makes it much neater (for me anyway)!!!!!!

But other people love it!  Maybe one day it will be revived and included in
Gambas........  ;-)

Daniel

-----Original Message-----
From: gambas-user-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:gambas-user-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Rob
Sent: 06 July 2004 13:22
To: gambas-user at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Gambas-user] Gambas & SDI

On Tuesday 06 July 2004 03:17, Daniel Oxley wrote:
> There is a download from Rob's website to change the MDI
> interface for gambas into one that is all contained in 1
> window.
> As Rob has said that he does not support it, I was just
> wondering if anyone else has managed to get it working with
> the latest version?  When I run it I get an error.  As I am at

Well, my MDI hack is like 20 versions out of date now and Gambas
has had some pretty big internal changes.  I think it'd be
easier to diff my hack against whichever version of the IDE I
based it on and reimplement the changes manually in the current
version than to try to change that old version to work with the
current Gambas.

But my hack didn't provide any of the coolness of VB's MDI
interface (docking tool windows, primarily) which is why I never
got around to continuing it.  The changes would have been too
big to maintain as an independent fork of the gambas IDE.

Rob