[Gambas-user] proposal of change in FNewForm

Wojtek gambas at ...162...
Sun Jan 25 23:30:48 CET 2004

Dnia nie 25. stycznia 2004 18:40, Benoit Minisini napisał:

> Which example ?

An example of suggested modification:
http://gambas.jest.o.k.pl/dopobrania/FNewForm.tar.gz

> I'm not sure to understand.

I knew you'll tell so and make me struggle with english. ;)

> Does it create forms from a already existing
> "TemplateForm" form ?

Yes.

> If so, why don't you use the "existing" tab, that
> create a form from an already existing one.

Because if it is in the same project, then it displays "File already exists".
I would have to store tempalte form in separate project.
If I wanted to change something in template form I would have to open next
instance of Gambas with this project.
Every project can have different template form and it is comfortably to have
it with the project instead of looking for it in other directories.
In theory it would be possible to modify "existing" tab to make it ask for
changing name but I think that it may create an unnecessary disturbance.
I think that separate tab is the least inconvenient solution.
If somebody does not need that option he won't use it. For those who may find
it usefull it will be always at hand.
My modification has one more advantage. If in file of form class is reference
to name of this form then it will be replaced with new name automatically
what could be undesirable in "existing" tab because "existing" tab is
orginally an ordinary copying.

It's only a small improvement. One click, no searching, no hand copying, no
changing words in template class code.

I made big application in MS Access and template form was very usefull there.
Now I must rewrite it on Linux and I want use Gambas to do it. Because of
that I would like to have any improvement.

That's why I'm asking if there's any problem to add it to Gambas permanently.

If it is impossible, it is O.K. I can still make modyfication by myself after
every new Gambas version.

--
Wojciech Saltarski