[Gambas-user] Index

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Mon Jan 19 16:28:32 CET 2004

On Monday 19 January 2004 10:10, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> > Unless I'm mistaken, you would need to either create those
> > at runtime or assign them one at a time to an object array,
> > which is Gambas control groups' chief weakness compared to
> > VB control arrays.
> Weakness ? Mmmm... VB has control arrays only because it
> couldn't create controls dynamically (at least until VB6).
> Otherwise, I find them stupid and useless.

Well, the point is, in VB you can make control arrays both in the
form editor and in code.  In Gambas you can only make them in
code.  Granted you can only *use* them in code in either one,
but if (as one of my clients did) you have 90 textboxes on a
form and you need to insert a bit of data into each one
sequentially.... in VB it's 4 or 5 lines of code, in Gambas it's
94 or 95.

Rob