[Gambas-user] gambas 0.81

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Jan 17 14:01:40 CET 2004

Hi,

gambas 0.81 is out.

Here are the main changes:

1) The tips files changed. Now there is one tips file by language. I think
this will ease their translation.

2) The help browser has a new heading for each language help page.

3) You can resize the buttons of the toolbox.

4) The interpreter has two new array classes: Byte[] and Short[].

5) Arrays now have a Read and a Write method to read and write their contents
on a stream.

6) The Form class is now auto-creatable. This means that you can have a form
named 'FDialog', and use it as in Visual Basic: FDialog.Show directly shows
the form, without the need to create an instance.

And many bug fixes in the interpreter, the database manager, the IDE.

As for the 1.0, three points remain:

- The documentation of the Wiki.

- A more powerful network component, which may be interesting for a 1.0.

- As I said in a recent post, a rework on the Picture class to clearly
distinguish pictures stored in application memory and pictures stored in X
server memory.

It slowly comes :-)

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...