[Gambas-user] Gambas RPM on Mandrake 9.1

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Thu Jan 15 06:18:32 CET 2004

On Wednesday 14 January 2004 23:57, Rizky Tahara Shita wrote:
> i've try all the version 0.7.x and 0.80 it raise the same
> error. but when i install the 0.6.x, the rpm works fine...

My guess would be that you didn't install all the packages.  As
part of getting it accepted into Mandrake contrib, I had to
split it up into several packages starting with 0.72 or
thereabouts, like so:

gambas - the compiler and interpreter executables.
gambas-lib - all the components, shared libs etc.
gambas-doc - all the help files and example code.
gambas-devel - the one .h file you need to write gambas apps, as
well as the source for the IDE and DB browser.
gambas-gui - the programs written in gambas plus their libraries.

You need gambas and gambas-lib in order to run other people's
gambas programs, and you need all but gambas-devel in order to
use the IDE.  If you have set up an urpmi source pointing at my
repository as described in some of my announcement postings you
can just go urpmi gambas-gui (or select it in rpmdrake) but if
not, you need to download all four packages and urpmi
gambas*.rpm.

Rob