[Gambas-user] What Does An Executable Need?

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Fri Jan 9 07:01:32 CET 2004

On Thursday 08 January 2004 20:05, Lane P. Lester wrote:
> If I want to share a Gambas program with others, and I compile
> it to an executable, what additional files will they need?

They will need /usr/bin/gbx (which is usually a symbolic link to
a file named gbx somewhere else) and lib.gb*.so where gb* is all
the components used by your program.

Under Mandrake, it should be enough to install the base gambas
and gambas-lib rpms using urpmi or rpmdrake.  Don't know how
other distributions are packaging Gambas if at all.

Rob