[Gambas-user] My first work

Fabien Bodard Gambasfr at ...11...
Sun Jan 4 19:40:02 CET 2004

Le Samedi 3 Janvier 2004 23:40, -=FoX=- a écrit :
> Hi all :)
> I have made a cursor changer for xfree 4.3 with Gambas
> If you want to take a look -->
> http://linuxgarage.interfree.it/Downloads.html
> it's only 8k :P
>
> bye
> Fox

Hi

good job !

But you can add this :
For resize the cursor...
 create an '.Xdefaults' file in your home directory and add the following
lines:

 -------
 Xcursor.size: 32
 Xcursor.theme: tuxcursor
 -------

 Availiable Sizes: 32 (small), 48 (medium), 64 (big, but max. detail)

What is it ?

**   myhome = CStr(Application.User)   ?

Replace all ' "/home/" & myhome' by Application.Home

Application.Home give directly the User home directory

In gambas you have a magic thing :

Icon Directories is :

---> Application.Home &/ ".icons"

the &/ add if it not exist the directory separator.

In basic we can kill files

KILL Application.Home &/ ".icons/default/index.theme"

We can Make directoriy :

MKDIR "Directory name"

**Ex : MKDIR Application.Home &/ "Picture"

I think you don't use the basic capabilities....

PUBLIC SUB Form_Open()
  DIM sDir as String

  '=================
  myhome = Application.Home   'Not CStr... i'ts already a string! and user to
  foto = NEW Picture
  CBoxThemes.Add ("Actual theme")
  CBoxThemes.text = "Actual theme"
  btnOK.Enabled = FALSE
  'Scrivo l'elenco delle directory

FOR EACH sDir in Dir(Application.Home &/ ".icons/Themes")

  CBoxThemes.Add (sDir)

NEXT

  CBoxThemes_Change()
END

All Basic File command can return an error... If it don't work

For exemple :
if i try to kill the root directory.

To Catch these events we have two soluce..:
First :

PUBLIC Button1_Click()
  MyDir = "/root"
  Try KILL MyDir
  IF error THEN
    Print "I can do that... Master     " & Error.Text
  ELSE
    Print "File deleted... Master"
  ENDIF
END

Second :

PUBLIC Button1_Click()
  MyDir = "/root"
  KILL MyDir
  Print "File deleted... Master"

CATCH   'this run only when an error is raised
  Print "I can do that... Master     " & Error.Text
END

You can Have more error in help broswer

Fabien Bodard

I think you must to take a  look at the how to.
Nevertheless... Your idea is good !