[Gambas-user] gambas 0.80

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Jan 3 00:28:50 CET 2004

On Thursday 01 January 2004 23:33, Raúl Moratalla wrote:
> El Jueves, 01 de Enero de 2004 20:42, Benoit Minisini escribió:
> > Happy new year to everybody,
> >
> > I released a new version for this new year, with the following main
> > changes:
> >
> > * Gambas can be installed in /usr/bin now. I don't know if it really
> > works !
>
> I have compiled gambas in my Fedora Core system. It compiles good but fails
> the installation (I've tried to install it in /usr/bin):
>
> cp: no se puede efectuar `stat' sobre `*.component': No existe el fichero o
> el directorio
> make[4]: *** [install-exec-local] Error 1
> make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/raul/Compilar/gambas-0.80/src/lib/vb'
> make[3]: *** [install-am] Error 2
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/raul/Compilar/gambas-0.80/src/lib/vb'
> make[2]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/raul/Compilar/gambas-0.80/src/lib'
> make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/raul/Compilar/gambas-0.80/src
>
> If I run ./configure without options and I compile gambas again I get the
> same error during the "make install" process.
>
> Also I try to execute the binary and I get the next error:
> ERROR: #45: File or directory does not exist
>
> And now a silly question because I don't know how is developed Gambas: I've
> tried hbasic and it has a lot of graphic components of kde for insert in
> your programs. Will be it possible in gambas? Is planned this feature?

I have problems with KDE widgets. I tried the KCalendar widget, and using it
in a form make the program crash sometimes at its end. I think the problem
comes from the fact that the KDE libraries are loaded long after the program
has started. This problem needs more investigation.

Maybe HBasic is directly linked to the KDE libraries, and so don't have this
problem ?

--
Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...