[Gambas-user] Xfree4.3 pointers

-=FoX=- _root at ...324...
Fri Jan 2 18:43:30 CET 2004

Hi all :)
I'm writing a little software that allow to change mouse themes.
But i have 2 little problems:

First, i can't understand when a shell command really finish his job
For example:
Shell "ls /home/myH/.icons/Themes > /home/myH/ERASEMEFILE"
Suppose that i want to load the file to read it.
I try this:
WHILE NOT Exist("/home/myH/ERASEMEFILE")
WEND
OPEN "/home/myH/ERASEMEFILE" FOR READ AS Myfile
Sometimes the file result empty... I don't understand... :o

I have another problem regards files managment.
If i concatenate shells commands, how o can know when the process has
finished??
example:

button1.enabled = FALSE
SHELL "rm /home/myH/temp.txt & cp .... & rm.... & cp...."
button1.enabled = TRUE

the button is always enabled or i can't see the changes, but the HD
noise tell me that it has not finished!!
:D

Second question:
When i change the cursor theme, the mouse remain with his pointers.
But if i start a new application, the mouse pointers loads correct. (the
new theme)
And, waiting a little and moving around, sometimes the new theme loads
complete.
I know that the correct way is restarting X-server... but it's ridicule
imho.
Any ideas?

Thanks a lot :)
Fox