[Gambas-user] gambas documentation update

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Sun Feb 29 23:46:07 CET 2004

The wiki is current to 0.90 now, and I have made all of Benoit's
last round of change requests except three.  You can see my
whole list including what I did in this last round of changes
at:

http://www.binara.com/gambas-wiki/bin/view/Gambas/WikiExportTodoList

1) hidden methods: "I was not clear for the _new, _get & _set
method: create a page GambasComponent...new as you did, but just
put a link to it in the class page: something like:..."

I see what you're getting at, but I haven't been creating new,
get or set pages since sometime in the 0.70 series if I remember
right.  I never made them intentionally to begin with, since the
instantiation syntax needs to be on the main class page and
_get/_set are supposed to be invisible to the user.

2) automatic or assisted translation:

I intend to remove all the non-English wikis that haven't had any
activity since 0.80 or so.  Then, after you okay the wiki in its
present form (or after any subsequent rounds of changes) I will
re-export the GambasFrancais wiki and set up the script we
talked about to mark pages as "TranslationNeeded" and
potentially fetch a machine-translated version to provide a
starting point for translators.  I can't really do that till you
give the English wiki your blessing, though, so I can base the
French wiki on it.

3) "Is it possible to insert the class name in symbol page
titles?"

Possible?  Yeah, sure.  Possible before the next Gambas release?
Not likely. :)  The symbol page titles are in the shell
document, not the exported document, so I will need to sed all
the symbol pages on the server while being careful not to touch
the class or component pages.  I wouldn't even know where to
begin right now, but I recognize it'll need to be done
eventually.

Rob