[Gambas-user] Rpg Project

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Feb 28 10:25:08 CET 2004

On Saturday 28 February 2004 08:35, Devilyn wrote:
> WOW! I took a lot at the changes in gambas.. huummmm i did see some stuff
> about client/server and also sound... Could not tell about MIDI music
> files... So Does anyone wanna help me convert my rpg game into gambas code?
> If so let me know at. Wizardmansite at ...43...
> You will get full credit. I have all the wav,midi and graphics needed.

You have all you need for your game except playing Midi files. I don't know
how is the Midi support in Linux... When I had a SoundBlaster under Window on
my previous computer, I noticed that the driver loaded banks of samples into
the card at each startup so that it can play midifiles. Is that sort of thing
managed by Alsa ? Don't know!

Two solutions:

- Play your midi files on a good expander, record the output in your computer,
and convert it to OGG.

- Use timidity to play midi files in background.

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...