[Gambas-user] Re: Just an idea...

t4nu t4nu at ...103...
Sat Feb 28 06:55:20 CET 2004

t4nu wrote :
> Something that VB doesn't have (maybe), but Gambas could have
> is that we write code in faster way by having a shortcut.
> I mean that different style in writing code from any programmer, we can fill
> it at our own shortcut and we can put anykind of code in it.
> So, whenever it's needed, we dont have to write again or copy-paste again,
> just press that shortcut.
> Other benefit is that we can focus in code area, because there's
> no need  to travel looking for similar code that we need.
> Well, guys, ?

Benoit wrote : Why not ? But copy & paste is a very bad way of programming!

Ron :
Having a directory with files to include in a project is also handy (bad VB)
and Benoit is against it for dependency. I agree with it but mis it too.
Code snippets with shortcuts/select-box is a good alternative.

Rob :
It would be pretty easy to do this in the Gambas IDE.  You could
even try it yourself.... the IDE is written in Gambas.  But......normally you'
would want to use these things called "subs" and "functions" and "classes" to
accomplish this task!

Charlie Reinl <Karl.Reinl at ...9...>:
Subject: [Gambas-user] talking abaut copy and paste

Salut,
why should be copy and paste, to be bad programmation style ??
I once said, without copy and paste I never would be programmer !
Why ?
If you arrive in a new job, and you don't have you hard outworked source-code,
you start at ZERO.
Because, it is not importent to know how it has to be, if you know where you
find how it must be ?
The programmers force is his source-code, and its knowlege about it.
Question, how offten you worked on a OPEN FILE, OPEN Connection etc. ???
Every time you have had your source code to look/copy it.
Thats right ?

Amicalement
Charlie

t4nu :
yach... the fact that VB is the most popular programming language, is because
of this : handy and easy to use. More easier to handle will have certain
point and appreciation for programmer / user.
Why not for Gambas ? is'nt copy & paste is feature from GUI era, right ?
i think that gambas is better language than vb (clean, clear, and shorter
coding) and i'm hoping that it has more feature, including in IDE.