[Gambas-user] installing 0.84

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Thu Feb 26 15:33:08 CET 2004

On Thursday 26 February 2004 02:59, ron wrote:
> > Red Hat did a real disservice to the world by not building
> > auto dependency handling into RPM in the first place.... I
> > don't know how many Mandrake users there are who don't know
> > about urpmi.
> That why SuSE made Yast to handle that. Only Yast is not happy
> if some of his own libs are updated :(

Yes, that's also why Mandrake made urpmi and other people made
apt-rpm and yum.  Unlike the other two, though, I haven't found
a way to add other people's unofficial repositories to Yast, nor
a way to use it from the command line, so the SuSE users I've
known have been in RPM hell unless they stick to what SuSE
provides in the first place (not because those things don't
exist, because they might, but because I don't know about it and
I'm supposed to answer their questions.)

Rob