[Gambas-user] installing 0.84

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Thu Feb 26 04:15:36 CET 2004

On Wednesday 25 February 2004 19:12, Marcelo Duschkin wrote:
> Installing gambas, abort because there are not libgambas
> Installing libgambas, abort because there are not gambas... :(
> What are my fault?

As with any packages with mutual dependencies, either you need to
specify them both on the command line:

rpm -Uvh gambas*.rpm libgambas*.rpm
(or just rpm -Uvh *gambas*.rpm)

Or since you're using Mandrake, use urpmi to the same effect:

urpmi *gambas*.rpm

Or easiest of all, set up a download source for my Mandrake 9.1
RPM's and just use the automatic dependency handling:

urpmi.addmedia kudla http://www.kudla.org/rpm/9.1/i586 with
hdlist.cz

urpmi gambas-gui-0.84a

(After you've run the urpmi.addmedia command, you can also
install gambas or any of my other RPM's from Mandrake's own
software manager.)

Red Hat did a real disservice to the world by not building auto
dependency handling into RPM in the first place.... I don't know
how many Mandrake users there are who don't know about urpmi.

Rob