[Gambas-user] TableView Update

ron ronstk at ...239...
Wed Feb 25 02:15:38 CET 2004

On Tuesday 24 February 2004 22:38, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> On Tuesday 24 February 2004 19:19, ron wrote:
> > First a little update, :(

snip

> > As I found the tableview[row,column].Refresh starts the tableview_data
> > events Then the data must come out of the array. Setting with .data.text
> > makes the change direct visible without a refresh.
>
> What is that ?? TableView[x, y] has no Data property. If this syntax works,
> then this is a bug.

Sorry my fault here. I should had a look in my code.

> > The only requirement is to invalidate the row/col address and reselecting
> > it before you write data. It is not posible to rewrite several times to
> > the same [row,column].data cell.
> > You did it this way in the GDM without refresh. I have stolen it ;)
>
> Where did you find I did this way in the GDM ?

I can't exact tell you but GDM was the only code using the tableview
It had something to do with updates after the cell was changed
Table field building but the version at that time was 0.56 or 0.62 I started
with gambas. Anyway I can't find it now, I don't have that old version of my
programm, where I had comments where I found the code parts used.

> > Writing the data with tblvw[x,y].data.text looks to me not persistent.
> > The visual data content and backcolor was lost after moving other windows
> > over it and using the events with a array was needed and my solution to
> > use.
>
> Actually, you must write into Data only in a Data event handler. I may
> prevent this unexpected :-) use in the future.

Thats ok with me, so I already changed this to do a refresh after writing in
the array. Works now OK.

> > In my case the refreshing of the tableview makes the whole table
> > flickering. QT send only events for the cells that need an refresh and
> > that is less than the whole tableview in one refresh.
> >
> > If I remember well the .Refresh was also quickly scrolling the Tableview
> > grid. The tblvw[row,column].Refresh did't look working (i will retry it).
> >
> > May be my fault but this way was working well ;)
>
> Hmm... All that needs light!

The retry is done and now a working behaviour of the program.