[Gambas-user] TableView

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Feb 24 22:42:54 CET 2004

On Tuesday 24 February 2004 21:25, Charlie Reinl wrote:
> Salut,
>
> sorry to not stay in the threat, my development Box can't recieve emails.
> Only read them in the web.
>
> If I understood well, I can use the TableView only, if have the same
> Structure as array behind.

Of course not. You just need an algorithm that put the data into the Data
property of the TableView each time it requests it, by raising the Data event
and by giving you a row and a column number.

> I change the array for changing the Values in theTableView . The UpdateData
> calls the tableview1_data. Is that right ?
>
> If you have time to take a look to my changed FRequest ( that is a changed
> copy of the original FRequest from Benoit, I just added the way to work
> with) , you will see that I use ( in that case still a GridView ) it to
> store datas, needed to make the query.
>
> My idea to use the TableView, commes from the property of TableView  of
> Rowheaders, which stay if I have so scroll to right. Thats all.
> I do not need to have the possibility to roll back ( to the array or Tabel
> value)
>
> And my main problem is how to fill/use it in CreateColumn and DelColumn,
> where I write to the Grid.
>
> My be my choice to change it to a TableView is not good?
> Or I use it, with the double Data storing ?

The difference between GridView and TableView is that GridView creates a
internal object for each cell in the grid, even if it is void, whereas the
TableView creates nothing, so can display tables of any size.

I admit there are some problems in the TableView, with refresh, cursor
updates, ... mainly because of strange things happening with this QT widget.
If I remember, this is the reason why I didn't highlight the current cell,
for example. But things may have change, since the time I implemented this
widget.

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...