[Gambas-user] TableView Update

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Feb 24 22:38:49 CET 2004

On Tuesday 24 February 2004 19:19, ron wrote:
> First a little update, :(
>
> public sub UpdateData( row as integer, column as integer, text as string)
> 	tblcols[column][row] = text ' this set data for tableview refreshing
> 	tableview.moveto(-1,-1)  ' !!!!!! this is very importand !!!!!!!!
> 	tableview[row,column].data.text = text 'this update screen
> end
>

> As I found the tableview[row,column].Refresh starts the tableview_data
> events Then the data must come out of the array. Setting with .data.text
> makes the change direct visible without a refresh.

What is that ?? TableView[x, y] has no Data property. If this syntax works,
then this is a bug.

> The only requirement is to invalidate the row/col address and reselecting
> it before you write data. It is not posible to rewrite several times to the
> same [row,column].data cell.
> You did it this way in the GDM without refresh. I have stolen it ;)

Where did you find I did this way in the GDM ?

> Writing the data with tblvw[x,y].data.text looks to me not persistent.
> The visual data content and backcolor was lost after moving other windows
> over it and using the events with a array was needed and my solution to
> use.

Actually, you must write into Data only in a Data event handler. I may prevent
this unexpected :-) use in the future.

> In my case the refreshing of the tableview makes the whole table
> flickering. QT send only events for the cells that need an refresh and that
> is less than the whole tableview in one refresh.
>
> If I remember well the .Refresh was also quickly scrolling the Tableview
> grid. The tblvw[row,column].Refresh did't look working (i will retry it).
>
> May be my fault but this way was working well ;)

Hmm... All that needs light!

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...