[Gambas-user] SSH

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Thu Feb 19 15:50:36 CET 2004

On Thursday 19 February 2004 09:32, Daniel Oxley wrote:
> Has anyone ever tried to access a secure server (SSH),
> particularly secure ftp, by code in Gambas?

I've done ssh (with public/private keys set up so there's no
keyboard authentication) just by going shell "ssh somehost -l
someuser" for read write as myprocess.  Works great.  I'm sure
there'll be an openssh component someday but this has been fine
for what I need now.  And I would bet that you could use the
sftp client the same way, and it might even work better with
keyboard authentication.

Some people may think it's clumsy to use client programs over
pipes rather than writing a component, but the openssh suite
does that itself to implement things like scp.... it just runs
scp in the remote shell rather than having file copying support
in the ssh daemon.

Rob