[Gambas-user] Having problems starting gambas after installing it

VBTricks.de.vu Webmaster vbtricks at ...365...
Thu Feb 19 14:12:50 CET 2004

I compiled and installed gambas as described on the website, but when I
try to start gambas in the shell by typing "gambas", the following error
is displayed:

"ERROR: #27: Cannot load component '/opt/gambas/lib/lib.gb.qt.so':
/opt/gambas/lib/lib.gb.qt.so: cannot open shared object file: Datei oder
Verzeichnis nicht gefunden" (File or folder not found)

I'm very unfamiliar with Linux (Debian based Knoppix 3.4) and don't know
how to solve this, can you help me?

Stefan