[Gambas-user] gmd crashes on PostgreSQL (other 1/2 solved)

Charlie karl.reinl at ...9...
Tue Feb 17 20:54:59 CET 2004

Benoit Minisini schrieb:

>On Monday 16 February 2004 21:19, Charlie Reinl wrote:
>

>>Salut,
>>
>>I added the following
>>
>>PUBLIC SUB tbvData_Data(Row AS Integer, Column AS Integer)
>>  $rData.MoveTo(Row)
>>  IF $sCharset THEN
>>    tbvData.Data.Text = Conv(Str($rData[tbvData.Columns[Column].Text]),
>>$sCharset, Desktop.Charset)
>>  ELSE
>>    tbvData.Data.Text = Str($rData[tbvData.Columns[Column].Text])
>>  ENDIF
>>  CATCH
>>    ' Convert Error
>>    IF  Error.code = 31 THEN
>>      LabelWarn.Visible=TRUE
>>      LabelWarn.Text = "Message.Error is up"
>>      Message.Error("[" & Error.code & "]  " & Error.text & gb.newline &
>>gb.newline & " try to switch off 'Use encoding (" &  $sCharset & ")'")
>>      fmain.mnuUseDatabaseEncoding_Click()
>>      LabelWarn.Text = ""
>>      LabelWarn.Visible=FALSE
>>    ENDIF
>>    Error.clear
>>END
>>
>>the following to catch the 'Unsupported String Conversation' Error.
>>
>>Amicalement
>>Charlie
>>
>>to catch the 'Unsupported String Conversation'
>>

>One should check if 'SQL_ASCII' means actually 'ASCII'. If it does, then the
>gdbm could translate 'SQL_ASCII' into 'ASCII' itself, so that Conv$() works.

Salut,

if you tell me what you mean

if 'SQL_ASCII' means actually 'ASCII'

I can try it, but till now I don't understand.
I use psql since yesterday, I made it running, because I'm able to read, thats all.
For checking "if 'SQL_ASCII' means actually 'ASCII'" I need more informations.

Amicalement
Charlie