[Gambas-user] gambas 0.84

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Feb 12 17:11:53 CET 2004

Hi,

Here is a new version of gambas, that should solve the problems many people
encountered in the last one. Well, I hope... :-)

What are the main changes ?

* You can disable any component at compile time by passing a "--disable-XXX"
option to the configure script.

* The interpreter is compiled with threading support on FreeBSD.

* The IDE has syntax highlighting themes.

* The Stat() function has been rewritten, and its new interface is
incompatible with the old one. See the CHANGELOG for more details, and check
your code!

* Graphical projects display errors in a message box now.

* There is a new experimental component that provides a WebBrowser control!

* And many other little changes and bugfixes of course...

I hope this version will have few bugs, so that it can go to the Mandrake
Cooker safely... Anyway, it must have less bugs than Mandrake 9.2 :-)

With all recent changes, the documentation becomes more and more out of date.

When Rob will have finished updating the Wiki, I will go on writing and
updating the documentation.

Enjoy it.

--
Benoit Minisini