[Gambas-user] gdm

ron ronstk at ...239...
Thu Feb 12 10:54:55 CET 2004

Hi Charlie,

It is not directly it should look good. I wish it wil later.
It must do the job. You work tries to improve the GDM with good features.
That is also good work and building the query is not so bad for simple data
sets.

My work is personal more oriented to make the SQL queries simpler with some
drag and drop and to make the join or other way of table linking. Also
to prevent type errors in the SQL line.
During this process I realize that msaccess/msquery for this part isn't so bad
if you take in account how the inteaction between the grid and a SQL line is
done in both directions.

The grid should be the same as the resulting table for one row but with the
conditions visual and easy to set. How it is in SQL is for simple minded
mostly to difficult. Special if more tables and conditions are involved for
the source.

For gambas I missed the detection of the row/col on mouse down for some
functions. So I add it in the gambas source and could delete a lot of code
used by the old homemade grid. This was a scrollview, 2 gridviews (header and
data) and 2 scrollbars to shift the data grid.
A good example is the propertie sheet for the controls and I use the idea
behind it.

Need more cleanup of the code before I can release something.

The goal is make a query for
1 to more servers with each server
1 to more Databases with each
1 to more tables with each
1 to more fields
with complex conditions on the fields :---)
Try to type that without errors.
I succeed a half of it in the trial already but I am not in a hurry, it is for
pleasure.
In PHP it worked web based but onlywith IE until m$ had a security patch.

Ron.