[Gambas-user] Gambas and HBasic on newsforge.com

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Thu Feb 12 00:09:06 CET 2004

On Wednesday 11 February 2004 16:01, Fabien Bodard wrote:
> Is someone have time to put an eyes about a sqlite driver...

Last month I started looking at what would be necessary for a
mysql-embedded driver, and the answer is not much. Except there
are no packages of mysql-embedded out there, so (at least for
Mandrake) I would also need to package mysql-embedded in
addition to gambas (maybe since it's an embedded library it
would be okay to make a "gambas-mysql-embedded" package.) What
complicates this is that mysql is already packaged for Mandrake
and most other distros, but they all seem to have disabled the
embedded stuff. Only PLD Linux provides a mysql-devel with
libmysqld.a, which is what you link against to use embedded
mysql.

There are sqlite RPM's out there, but of course coding a totally
new driver is going to be a lot harder than just tweaking the
mysql driver to use mysql-embedded.

Rob