[Gambas-user] make install 0.83

ron ronstk at ...239...
Mon Feb 9 06:29:21 CET 2004

On Monday 09 February 2004 05:40, Rob wrote:
> On Sunday 08 February 2004 21:46, Rizky Tahara Shita wrote:
> > hummm.... is gambas not working on mandrake 9.1 ????
>
> The RPMs built fine, screenshot attached.... I did have to add
> libcurl2-devel as a buildrequires though.
>
> I haven't built 9.2 packages yet but the 9.1 ones are out there
> in the usual place under http://www.kudla.org/rpm/9.1/ .
>
> Rob

I am lost in linux

In the curl doc stays I can get it from
http://curl.haxx.se/download.html

there they say for SuSE is version 7.10.5
ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/current/suse/i586/

In Yast I can find only 7.10.2
I can give the ftp directory for yast to update to 7.10.5

Download the file to local directory
found this one is for SuSE 9.0
They changes and it is not shure this will go ok.

Yast is also stupid. It does not show errors but simple exits.
Then I try Kpackage to install
See there are more lib needed for 7.10.5 as ssl and crypt
not for 7.10.2

So at the end
How do I disable the Net component for shure because I do not need
any of it (yet) and it is not fully developed.

Daniel says

NOTE THAT :
 libcurl <= 7.10.7 lacks CURLE_LDAP_INVALID_URL and CURLE_FILESIZE_EXCEEDED
constants
 libcurl <= 7.10.6 lacks proxy authentication support
 libcurl <= 7.10.5 lacks user authentication support

in the readme
'Net' class:

- Socket
- ServerSocket
- UdpSocket
- SerialPort
- DnsClient

 This class does not need libcurl to work, as it uses just Unix C libraries,
if you don't need to manage HTTP, FTP, etc, you don't need more.

'Net Advanced' class:

- HttpClient
... (more in the future)

 It uses libcurl to perform its work, so you need to download and install
libcurl in your computer to use it. You'll need binary libraries, and, if
you want to compile it, you'll need also devel stuff, that contains headers
and config tools to compile a program that uses libcurl.

 You'll need at least 7.10.8 version from libcurl and Gambas 0.80 (previous
versions from both programs probably won't work or even compile).

So 'Net Advanced' class:' is the bad one.
How to get switch it off or get a correct curl package for suse 8.2

Ron