[Gambas-user] Another idea......

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Sat Feb 7 19:21:20 CET 2004

On Saturday 07 February 2004 12:10, Olivier Coquet wrote:
> Serait il possible d'inclure directement sur le site, une
> zone: applications développées sous gambas, ca simplifierait
> pas mal les choses et ca ferait de gambas un language très
> vivant et probablement une bonne référence...

I have a lot of little apps I write in Gambas myself, and thought
of starting such a page in the wiki to link to them as well as
others like that Lindows Gameboy emulator front-end. I couldn't
bring myself to create a page that largely just links to my own
programs though, since my company hosts the wiki and I felt like
I would be abusing that position somehow by doing that. If you'd
like to add a page in the wiki I'd be happy to add my own stuff
to it, and anything else that I come across.

Also, I've noticed Benoit has included, for example, my Gambas
version of the robotfindskitten "game" as an example app in the
Gambas tarball, as well as examples from other people that kind
of demonstrate Gambas' diversity. We wouldn't want to ship every
app ever written in Gambas, but the self-contained ones that are
fairly straightforward are good to include that way. I wonder if
I or someone else should start working on wiki pages (heh, after
I have time to make Benoit's latest round of changes to the
extract) to document each example project and the unique
concepts each of them embodies.

Rob