[Gambas-user] (no subject)

Rammyres José O. Pereira cinzacm at ...346...
Sun Feb 1 18:05:35 CET 2004

I have some things to say, about my own experiences
Em Dom, 2004-02-01 às 07:27, Daniel Campos escreveu:
>> Yes, binaries produced by Gambas are in its own bytecode.
> Yes, but there's a big difference between the slow ".Net" or
> "Java" bloated virtual machines and the fast gambas bytecode!

The C++ .NET program are too damn quick (to a 'half-interpreted' lang),but
only with Pentiun 4 processors. The java bytecodes could run quickly with
any kind of processors if you exclude trigonometrical functions. With just 3
weeks using gambas i could see it have a good benchmark, better than java or
.net programs (i run .net soft, written with the GTKSharp component at linux
with MONO).

>> Seeing as how the only GUI component currently is for Qt, which
>> is GPL, and considering what's said in the GPL FAQ on gnu.org,
>> you do need to GPL your Gambas projects.  However, nothing
>> prevents you from selling Gambas projects, as long as you
>> include the source under the terms of the GPL ;)
> However if you do not use qt component, you can create a
> propietary program: for example a "cgi" for apache to
> connect a client with a database, or any utility to
> connect with an industrial device using ethernet or a
> serial port.
> If anybody writes a "qt" component clone using GTK+ or
> wxWindows, you'll can also write propietary graphical program
> using Gambas ¿anybody interested in this at linuxpi?
The proprietary use of Gambas is just a common question, i guess everyone,
someday, asked if linux could be sold. The LinuxPI.net is a little group
(~70 users) of Linux Users, here in Piaui (that PI at URL means Piaui),
which is a little state here in Brazil. They'reinterested in everything
which can replace a proprietary software...
I hope all discutions i read here could contribute to development of Gambas.

Somehow dazed about everything:

Rammyres José O. Pereira ( _Dargor_ )

--
POP. Nem parece internet grátis.