[Gambas-user] ComboBox.Clear ???

Jay Loos jayloos at ...755...
Fri Dec 31 19:05:18 CET 2004

This is labeled ComboBox.Clear because I was testing out the widgets on
Gambas and I wanted to just clear the information in the ComboBox but
for some reason the combobox is transformed to a text input box with no
access to the list of the combobox.

In other words I create a ComboBox with like 10 names to choose from.
Running the program the ComboBox shows in the window with the abilty to
choose one of the 10 names.  That all works fine.
Now I add a button to the application ; lets call it a Clear button and
put the code in it like so :  " ComboBox1.Clear ".
We run the application again and I am able to choose a name from the
combobox as usual but now I get lazy and hit the Clear button just
because I want to do it that way.  The ComboBox1 clears and I want to
choose another name from ComboBox1 but I cannot access the list.  I left
click the mouse button on the arrow and no list appears.  I can type in
the ComboBox but again no list. Hmmmmm.

To correct this problem I have put a band aid on it but redoing the code
like so :        " ComboBox1.Text = " "" "  If I do that I still get
access the the ComboBox list and the ComboBox is then cleared of
whatever is in it.

I have seached the list but this problem I could not find anywhere.  Any
input would be appreciated.  Thanks.

_*OS being Used*_

I am using PCLinux 8 as an operating system that is the same as Mandrake
9.x I do believe.  I compiled from a source RPM using  Gambas 0.99.RC4.
I then updated Gambas in hopes to take care of the problem to Gambas
0.99.RC5 using a spec file and generating my own RPM's. I use Bash
script files to start my applications because the system won't run the
programs directly unless I start them at a console prompt.  Any other
questions please ask.