[Gambas-user] Program runs wild

Primorec igor.furlan at ...626...
Tue Dec 21 08:26:15 CET 2004

hmmm.... I have to add a similar experience ....  it could be that it
is NOT related...
but....hey... maybe it is..

So, I've observed the following phenomena:
- I was running cygwin/x on WINDOWS XP Professional
- from that XP box I've telnet-ed to RH8.0 box and started digital
clock through gambas IDE
 (digital clock is one of the gambas examples - part of the distribution)
- This application was running over the weekend (3 days in a row).  On
monday morning (when I've returned to work) I've noticed that cygwin/x
consumed a whooping 300MB of RAM and the RH8.0 box was slow as
molasses. Gambas clock was still running and consuming 100MB of RAM
and 200+MB of swap .

After that I've killed cygwin/x and remote gambas clock . Than I've
resarted cygwin/x and gambas clock on RH8 box and everything was back
to normal.

Right now I am not at work. I'll will be back in office on Jan 3rd 05.
In other words, I can not reproduce the event right now

just my 0.02 euro

Igor