[Gambas-user] Question on string[]

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Dec 14 18:03:55 CET 2004

On Tuesday 14 December 2004 17:55, Eilert wrote:

> Well, now, is it allowed or depreciated? Will I run into problems if I
> create a new String[] object over and over again (maybe because this sub
> is called again and again?).
>
> In my concrete project this is not the case, but I know how easily you
> can run into such problems... :-)
>
> And what do you mean "another variable has a reference on it"?
>
> Rolf

Do you know object programming ?

Objects are created (with NEW) and then they are always manipulated by
reference. Each object has a reference counter that is increased each time it
is affected to any variable, and decremented each time the affected variable
is replaced by something else.

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...